Dr. Kathy O’Mara joined our Willow Creek practice in 2001. She completed her training at Temple University School of Medicine and St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children in Philadelphia. Spurred by decades of watching children become increasingly chronically ill, Dr. O’Mara has developed a special interest in lifestyle medicine. After several years of study, she completed certification in Functional Medicine through the Institute for Functional Medicine.
Functional medicine uses the pillars of health – nutrition, sleep, exercise, community, and mindfulness – as a path of vibrant health. The focus on lifestyle medicine has reinvigorated her love for pediatrics as she strives to help her patients grow up healthy. She plans to continue pursue further education in the areas of nutrition, mind/body connection, nutraceuticals, and pediatric special needs.
Dr. O’Mara was born and raised in Philadelphia. Having spent her childhood traveling west to ski with her family, she and her husband, Doug, sought out the mountains of Utah to become their home in 1996. They have two adopted sons and two Goldendoodles. Her family enjoys skiing and camping together, but Dr. O’Mara’s favorite pastimes are hiking, biking, running, and yoga.
Undergraduate: Lehigh University
Medical School: Temple University School of Medicine
Residency: St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children
- IFMCP Certification – April 2021
- UCSF Integrative Pediatric Psychiatry – February 2020
- Medical Academy of Pediatric Special Needs – Leveraging the
- Microbiome and Hormones – September 2020
- Annual International Conference IFM – June 2022
- Integrative Pediatric Neurology: ADHD & Autism – Andrew Weil
- Center for Integrative Medicine – June 2022